Independence Official Visitors Guide
Find information to plan your trip to Independence, MO
The 2022 Independence Official Visitors Guide offers an all-encompassing look at the top sights, bites, and delights our city has to offer travelers. Whether you’re staying for a week or a weekend, there’s plenty to discover in Independence, Missouri.
Inside the guide
• Discover a delicious assortment of local restaurants.
• Fill your itinerary with our educational walking trails, from the Paranormal Path to the Truman Historic Walking Trail and Missouri Mormon Walking Trail. Flip to the back for a complete map of the trails.
• Uncover your family history at the Midwest Genealogy Museum.
• Explore the newly renovated Harry S. Truman Presidential Library and Museum.
• Find the perfect time to visit with our calendar of upcoming events.
• Choose from the variety of bars and restaurants on the Historic Independence Square to plan a perfect night out.
• Check out a map of Independence, including a close look at the boutiques and dining options on the Square.
Explore the 2022 Visitors Guide below (or request a Visitors Guide for free).