Stone Church

Stone Church

Stone Church

The Stone Church was built in 1888, dedicated by Joseph Smith III, and housed the first branch of the Reorganized Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (now called the Community of Christ) in Independence. Until the Auditorium was built, this building was known as the “pulpit of the Presidents” of the church. The most distinctive feature of the church is a stained glass window which includes panes featuring the Angel Moroni, Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon, the Gold Plates and Christ in the Americas.

Location and Directions

1012 W Lexington Ave
Independence MO 64050
(816) 254-2211