Explore the Brand New Independence Visitors Guide
Visit Independence is excited to introduce its new Official Visitors Guide for National Plan for Vacation Day 2022.
The 2022 Independence Official Visitors Guide offers an all-encompassing look at the top sights, bites, and delights our city has to offer travelers. Whether you’re staying for a week or a weekend, there’s plenty to discover in Independence, Missouri.
The guide is the perfect tool to help travelers plan their trips to our historic city in 2022. Planning is the key to taking time off and traveling. A new study commissioned by U.S. Travel Association reveals that Americans who plan out their paid time off take more time off to travel, but one-quarter (24%) of American households don’t take this simple step.
What's in store for visitors in 2022?
The big news is the reopening of the Harry S. Truman Presidential Library and Museum. The Library reopened late in 2021 after being closed for more than 2 years for a massive $29 million renovation.
The brand new exhibit provides a fresh retelling of the story of America’s 33rd President and Independence native, Harry S. Truman. Visitors can enjoy the exhibit across a wide variety of mediums, from narratives and photos to videos and interactive exhibits and games.
Here's what else you'll find in the guide:
• Discover a delicious assortment of local restaurants.
• Fill your itinerary with our educational walking trails, from the Paranormal Path to the Truman Historic Walking Trail and Missouri Mormon Walking Trail. Flip to the back for a complete map of the trails.
• Uncover your family history at the Midwest Genealogy Museum.
• Explore the newly renovated Harry S. Truman Presidential Library and Museum.
• Find the perfect time to visit with our calendar of upcoming events.
• Choose from the variety of bars and restaurants on the Historic Independence Square to plan a perfect night out.
• Check out a map of Independence, including a close look at the boutiques and dining options on the Square.
Order the 2022 Official Independence Visitors Guide
Requesting a guide is free and easy. Just fill out the form on the page linked by the button below!Request a Guide
No matter how you choose to spend your vacation time in 2022, now is the time to plan a trip.
National Plan for Vacation Day, celebrated on the last Tuesday in January, is a day to encourage Americans to plan their vacation days for the whole year at the start of the year—and inspire them to use those days to travel to and within the United States.
Since 2015, when the travel industry and partners began tracking American vacation usage, survey findings have continuously shown that vacation days are not being used, negatively affecting mental health, personal relationships and job performance.
National Plan for Vacation Day helps highlight the importance of taking time off to travel—both for our personal health and wellbeing and for the overall economic prosperity of our nation.