Heartland Hospitality Starts Here
We love welcoming visitors and helping them map their journeys — we’ve been doing it for generations! Whether you’re seeking a relaxing, weekend getaway, an action-packed adventure, or an immersive, yesteryear experience, our travel pros can help you make the most of your visit to Independence. We look forward to seeing you!
Visitor Experience CenterSome places put out a dusty old rack of brochures and call it good. That doesn’t cut it here in Independence. We operate two Visitor Experience Centers, one in the Historic Truman Courthouse and the other in the nearby Chamber of Commerce. The Visitor Experience Center is a modern-day mecca of free information and free-flowing conversation. We really know how to roll out the welcome wagon. So stop by, get the lay of the land and have a cup of Joe, tea or a bottle of water.
History Goes High-TechWhen pioneers first ventured to our region, they had to find their own way around. Today’s travelers have it decidedly easier. Try our touch-screen interactive Explore Board to choose your perfect itinerary.
- Choose from more than 100 historic sites, restaurants, shopping areas, and other attractions
- Plan your visit based on specific interests or the length of your stay
- Email the relevant maps and information to yourself or scan the QR codes with your smartphone
- Enjoy complimentary charging stations for all your electronic devices
- Planning with a personal touch