Family Fun Day at the National Frontier Trails Museum
318 W Pacific Ave
Independence, MO 64050
The Friends of the National Frontier Trails Museum is proud to present Family Fun Day
Independence residents receive FREE MUSEUM ADMISSION on this day!
Non-resident admission is $6.00 for adults, and $3.00 for children 17 and under.
The Civil War Re-enactment group Elliott’s Scouts, civil war history experts will:
- Perform battle scenes every hour on the half hour (10:30, 11:30, 12:30, etc.)
- Demonstrate a civil war soldier encampment (both Confederate and Union)
- Educate visitors on the Battles of Independence.
There will be hours of fun for the whole family! Visitors can enjoy:
- Making faux clay bullets using a re-al bullet mold
- Using a quill pen & ink to write
- Playing in the kid friendly Pioneer Play Campsite
- Getting wilderness tips from the Mountain Men
- FREE TOURS of the Chicago Alton Train Depot
- FREE WAGON RIDES to the Independence Square
- Plus, our newly installed PIONEER WOMAN STATUE is ready for your selfie photo!